Thank you for your consideration on donating used items to the Steinbach MCC Thrift Shop. When you donate your items, you are helping to conserve the earth’s resources, providing resources for our community and supporting the work of Mennonite Central Committee.
Our donation hours are located to the left of this screen. Donations are not to be left after hours are subject to theft and vandalism which put people at risk.
To drop off donations please come to the back of our store, address to the left, and you will see tables set up. Drive up to the table and leave your donation there. For furniture donations, please drive to the door beside the dumpster and ring the doorbell to notify staff that you are there. The staff member will come to assess the furniture items.
In order to keep our staff and volunteers safe, we have provided a few tips and guidelines when packing your donations.
- The boxes outside by the donation drop off area are free for the taking. Please take advantage of these boxes by packing items you wish to donate to the store.
- When packing donations, think about those who will be unpacking those items. Would you want to unpack a bag that has clothing and knives in it?
- Try to pack breakable or sharp items in boxes
- Knives need to be packed with special care as there is a higher risk of someone cutting themselves on them
- Please take care to drop off items you wish to donate. We received lots of donations each day and those donations are usually processed within 24 hours so finding mistakenly donated items is extremely hard but not impossible. If items are dropped off by mistake, please reach out to us to see if they are found.
- Separating your donations in categories, packing like items together such as clothing, hardware, book etc, is helpful but not required.
While we accept donations, some items we cannot accept for a multitude of reasons. It would be greatly appreciated that all donations be in clean, salable and in working condition:
No rips, tears or obvious stains, smoke free and bug free.
- Donated furniture, like pianos, mattress, entertainment units etc., is accept after staff have assessed it on our quality control standards
- We do not accept
- Tube TVs
- Printers, fax machines, scanners, etc.
- Used paint or chemicals
- Childrens Car Seats
- Kids Helmets