Do you have quality, gently used items you no longer want or need? Donate them to our Thrift Shop!
We are looking for good, clean, working items that we can sell on our retail floor.
When you donate your items, you are helping to conserve the earth’s resources, providing resources for the community and supporting the work of Mennonite Central Committee.
We appreciate your generous donations of furniture, appliances and housewares! We cannot operate without them.
When to Donate:
Monday to Saturday 9am to 6pm (regular store hours).
Our free pickup service runs 8am - 5pm, Monday – Saturday.
How to donate:
Please bring your furniture donations to our backdoor, ring the buzzer, and we will assist you. For larger items, call for our free pickup service. (665-0102) We generally need 2-3 days notice for a pickup.
"Please don’t leave donations outside our store when we’re closed. They may be vandalized and then we are forced to take them to the landfill."
We usually give a 2 hour window of when we will arrive at your home.
Our drivers use their discretion as to what we can and cannot accept. Certain items depending on their age and condition are not easy for us to sell. We do accept most clean, good quality furniture items.
What to donate:
(Please note this isn’t a complete list. Please call for more info.)
(Larger donations may also qualify for a charitable donation receipt.)
- couches, chairs, recliners, futons, newer hide a beds
- very clean mattresses, bed frames, bunkbeds
- dressers, tables, chairs, coffee tables, bookshelves, desks, TV stands, some wall units and china cabinets (as our space allows)
- lamps, pictures, mirrors, bikes, trunks, filing cabinets, newer exercise equipment.
Appliances: (Must be in working order and generally less than 15 years old)
- Fridges, stoves, washers, dryers, small freezers
- microwaves, small appliances, TVs, stereo equipment, electronics, DVD players, heaters, air conditioners
What we don’t accept:
- Items in poor condition
- Building materials, blinds, light fixtures
- Built-in appliances
- Older hide-a-beds
- Baby cribs, walkers, car seats
- Older entertainment centres
Thank you again for your donations! We cannot operate without them!