At NEW TO YOU THRIFT, donations are the foundation of our business. We rely on the generosity of our supporters to bring us their good, clean, working items. Every penny earned from the sale of your donations supports the work of both CBS and MCC locally and around the world.
Drop your donations off at a clearly marked door and expect to be greeted by a helpful volunteer. We also provide a complimentary pickup service of furniture in our local community, but only when the items are too large to be transported in a standard size car or van.
It is possible to receive a charitable tax receipt for certain higher value donations. Our staff will be happy to explain the details of our program.
Please do not leave your donations outside after store hours! This creates a potential fire hazard and a risk that the valuable items you intended to donate may become wet, damaged, or stolen.
Do you have questions about specific items you intend to donate? The lists below, while not all-inclusive, will give you some guidance.
ITEMS WE DO ACCEPT
- Clothing, shoes, boots, jewelry, purses
- Furniture, lamps, area carpets, desks, mirrors, pictures and picture frames
- Houseware items, pots & pans, kitchen utensils, bedding, toweling, home décor, glassware, house plants, knick-knacks
- Small appliances in good working condition (flat-screen televisions, toasters, blenders, etc.)
- Books, stationery, school supplies, toys, games, CDs & DVDs, musical instruments
- Craft supplies, fabric, notions, yarn, sewing supplies
- Telephones or telephone equipment (fax machines, answering machines, etc.)
- Sporting goods
- Antiques, collectables, clocks
- Seasonal items and decorations (Christmas, Halloween, etc.)
- Tools, hardware, lawn & garden equipment
ITEMS WE DO NOT ACCEPT
Due to government health regulations and space limitations, we are unable to accept the following items:
- Baby equipment (cribs, car seats, booster seats designed for a car, bath rings, baby gates, baby walkers, teethers, soothers, pacifiers, etc.)
- Large appliances (refrigerator, stove, freezer, air conditioner, washer, dryers, dishwashers, etc.)
- Pianos or organs
- Sofa beds
- Helmets (of any kind)
- Blinds, curtain rods, drapery hardware
- Building materials
- Automotive parts