The MCC Thrift Shop difference
By supporting your local MCC Thrift Shop, you are making a difference in the lives of others both locally and globally.
Your small donation can have a huge impact on the life of someone else. Nearly all profits earned by your local MCC Thrift Shop are contributed to the work of the Mennonite Central Committee.
What can I donate?
- Gently used men’s, women’s, and children’s clothing and shoes
- Clothing accessories: hats, gloves, scarves, ties
- Personal accessories: jewelry, wallets, purses, bags
- Bed and bath towels, sheets, blankets, pillions, curtains, tablecloths
- Books and magazines
- Records, tapes, CDs
- DVDs, Videos
- Toys, games, puzzles, stuffed animals
- Craft items, candles, seasonal decorations, pictures/frames, baskets
- Pots, pans, utensils, dishes, mugs, glassware, kitchen appliances (i.e coffee pots, blender)
- Bicycles, sports equipment (i.e. golf clubs, skis), garden tools, luggage
- Antiques and collectables
Furniture (Limited locations):
- Sofas, couches, loveseats, recliners, foot stools, chairs
- Tables: dining, kitchen, coffee, end, computer, nightstands, patio
- Storage dressers, hutch, armoire, bookcase, cabinets, entertainment centers
Where can I bring my donation?
You can bring your donation to your nearest MCC Thrift Shop. Click here to find the one nearest you!
Donation Receipting for taxes
In the U.S. all donations in good used condition or better can receive a receipt for tax purposes. Please ask for a donation receipt when you drop off your donation.
If you’re interested in determining the value of your donations, you can use this guide to give you an idea of what it might be worth.
To find out more about donation receipts, and tax information regarding donations, please refer to the information provided by the IRS. http://www.irs.gov/publications/p561/ar02.html#d0e545
Evaluation guide for donors Click here to download the guide
Contact your local shop for more details